Saturday, 28 January 2012

Simple Indoor Water Play: A Bucket of Soapy Water and a Scrubbing Brush



Little Chick has been really keen to do some more water play, following on from our Outdoor water play the other day. But some days you just don't want to be outside for very long and there's still the rest of the day to fill.  So we had some simple indoor water play fun with a bucket of soapy water, a spray bottle and a scrubbing brush and the bonus is that Mummy got some help with the cleaning!

I'm always amazed at what I might think of as a chore, really excites my daughter as to what we've got to do.  This is what happened here, I needed to clean the bricks in the porch and Little Chick was so excited that we actually had a lot of simple fun playing together with the water, whilst getting a useful job done. (I know this will change as she gets older, but at the moment I'm learning to cherish that excitement and enthusiasm she has about almost everything.) 


 Little Chick loved the water spray bottle. She enjoyed watching the bricks change colour as she sprayed them and also getting water sprayed as high as she could reach.  

I've also seen some lovely ideas on the web for using water spray bottle with coloured paints from Sun Hats and Wellie Boots, which would be fun to try sometime (but maybe outside!).


A bucket of soapy water and a scrubbing brush.  
Why is it always the simple things that they get so much fun out of? 


And lots and lots of industrious work


Then she moved round cleaning (and watering) the rest of the porch!


Although outside is definitely the best place for water play, probably closely followed by bathtime, it's great to be able to have fun with water inside too and I think porches, garages or outhouses if you have one are great places away from carpets, curtains and furnishings for them to get things wet!  It also only took a minute to mop up any water from the floor compared to about 10 minutes it usually takes to clear up the glitter after craft activities which never seems to completely go either - I think we should do more play with water!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been game enough to do water play inside with the twins but you have inspired me! I love your pics...she looks so happy and busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...